The Old Water Mill has been sympathetically restored and retains numerous period features, including the interior mill workings and mill stones. The ground floor comprises a good sized kitchen breakfast room and accommodates the mill workings which have been well integrated. The first floor comprises of the living area, which is currently split into a living room and office area. There is an open fireplace, triple aspect windows and a door to the rear garden. A feature stair case with wrought iron bannisters leads to the second floor, where you will find a double bedroom, family bathroom and a single bedroom. There is a fixed monthly cost of £40.00 to cover water and sewerage charges.
The Old Water Mill is a listed Grade 2* 17th century water mill. It is situated in a quiet, rural location in a small, secluded valley about 4 miles from Usk. It has been sympathetically restored and retains numerous period features, including the interior mill and mill stones. The ground floor comprises a good sized kitchen breakfast room and accommodates the mill workings which have been well integrated. The first floor accommodation comprises a large living area. There is an open fireplace, triple aspect windows and a door to the rear of the garden. A feature stair case with wrought iron bannisters leads to the second floor, where you will find a decent double bedroom, family bathroom and a single bedroom. The property benefits from beams throughout, a number of rooms have wooden flooring and the windows benefit from wooden shutters. There is a fixed monthly cost of £40.00 to cover water and sewerage charges.
Ground FloorKITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM
- 22' x 15' (6.71m x 4.57m) - Flagstone floor, window to front with window shutters. A range of fitted wooden kitchen units - space for fridge, washing machine and oven, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink. The original mill workings are integrated into the room, with wrought iron balustrades.
First FloorLIVING AREA
- 22' x 16'10 (6.71m x 5.13m) - Three windows to front, with wooden shutters. Open fireplace. Wooden floors including recessed old mill stones. Wooden beams to ceiling. Fitted storage cupboard. Door to rear garden. Central wooden staircase with wrought iron banister.
Second FloorBEDROOM 1
- 11' x 8'extending into eaves (3.35m x 2.44mextending into eaves) - Wooden floor, window to side with wooden shutters. Wooden beams to ceilingBEDROOM 2
- 10' x 7'extending into eaves (3.05m x 2.13mextending into eaves) - Velux window to rear. Wooden floor and wooden beams to ceiling. Large hanging / storage area built into eaves.FAMILY BATHROOM
- Wooden panelled bath, low level wc, basin.Outside
- Outside: The Old Water Mill is approached along a short pedestrian bridge over the stream. The garden comprises a good area with a large patio to enjoy the rural surrounds. The property benefits from off road parking for 2 cars.
Rent payable: £950
Deposit Required: £1425
Deposit Scheme: Deposit Protection Service
Available: May 2023
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with the Agents
Local Authority: Monmouthshire County Council
Council Tax: Band E
Affordability calculator for referencing:
Applicant: Minimum annual income: £28500
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.