This converted and modernised 19th Century, four-bedroom barn is located on the outskirts of Shirenewton. Set in large mature south facing gardens, this property provides open plan living with large family kitchen with stunning central island, lounge with inglenook fireplace, plus circa 2.7 acres of land.
This 19th Century period stone barn was converted and extended in the 1990's. The property is approached down a narrow quiet lane through gates to the main parking area and set in surrounding gardens and separate paddock with stables in approx. 2.7 acres in total.
The house is decorated and finished to a high standard, with two reception rooms both with stone inglenooks and inset log burners.
The living room has a wide bi-fold door opening onto the garden. The light and airy fitted kitchen has a large island and electric Aga.
This barn conversion also benefits from a one bedroom annex.ACCESS
- Approach down a narrow quiet lane through gates to the main parking area.ENTRANCE
- Enter into inner hallway with double glazed window to side aspect, radiator, access to loft space, storage cupboard, tiled flooring, oak latch door to Kitchen/Breakfast Room.KITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM
- Tiled flooring, glazed windows to side aspect, two French doors leading to the gardens. Vaulted ceiling with apex oak beans, large central island with coronium worksurface. Built in oven, microwave, electric AGA and dishwasher. Double sink drainer with mixer taps, window to the front aspect. Walk in pantry, space for larder fridge, induction hob. Steps down to the Dining Room.DINING ROOM
- French doors to patio area and garden, window to the front, exposed beans, vaulted ceiling, radiator, steps down to Sitting Room.SITTING ROOM
- Windows to side aspect, French doors to garden, beautiful stone fireplace with exposed beam, flagstone hearth with Fireline multi fuel log burner. Oak glazed doors with matching side window into main Reception Hall.RECEPTION HALL
- Feature floor to ceiling full width window overlooking the beautiful gardens, oak flooring, turned oak staircase, glazed oak doors to Sitting Room, understairs Store Cupboard, door to Cloakroom. Flagstone steps leading to Living Room.CLOAKROOM
- Abstract window to side aspect, modern suite with floating wash hand basin and WC. Tiled floor and half tiled walls, radiator.LIVING ROOM
- Window to side aspect, bi-fold doors to garden, feature stone surround fireplace, with exposed stone walling. Flagstone hearth, multi fuel log burner, feature recess, exposed beams, radiator.LANDING
- Vaulted ceiling, radiator, exposed beam, oak doors to all Bedrooms, Family Bathroom and shelved Airing Cupboard.PRINCIPAL BEDROOM
- Feature floor to ceiling triangle windows with sliding doors overlooking the grounds. Range of built in wardrobes, vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, oak door to En-suite.EN-SUITE
- Large velux window to side aspect. Four piece suite comprising of a panelled bath, fully tiled walls, corner shower cubicle, WC and hand wash basin, tiled shelved worksurface over.BEDROOM TWO
- Two velux windows overlooking distant fields. Radiator, built in wardrobes, loft hatch.BEDROOM THREE
- Two velux windows to rear, feature oak shelving ledge, built in wardrobes, radiator.BEDROOM FOUR
- Velux to rear aspect, feature oak shelved ledge, loft hatch.BATHROOM FAMILY ROOM
- Velux window, fully tiled walls, panelled bath with shower over with shower screen, mixer tap, pedestal hand wash basin, WC, chrome towel rail, feature tiled shelf.ANNEX
- Entrance into the Utility area, windows to front aspect. Range of wall and base units with cupboards and drawers. Inset sink with mixer tap, integrated fridge, space for washing machine, tiled floor, opening to hallway with doors off to large double Bedroom, radiator, shelved storage cupboard, double cupboard with Grant boiler, opening to Office/Living Room.OFFICE / LIVING ROOM
- Windows to side aspect, French doors to patio. Tiled flooring, radiator, exposed stone walling, spotlights to ceiling.BEDROOM
- Window to front aspect, electric velux window, loft hatch, tiled flooring, Shelved storage cupboard, doot to En-Suite.EN-SUITE
- Abstract window to front aspect, fully tiled walls and floor. Shower cubicle with Mira shower, WC, pedestal hand wash basin, radiator.WORKSHOP
- Workshop/Storage Room with two windows to front aspect, door to storage cupboard.Outside
- The main gardens are south facing and run from the courtyard terrace and flagstone pathways to lawns flanked by a variety of mature shrubs and plants and a few fine specimen trees including Maple, Pine, Silver Birch and Cherry. There are further stone terraces, a pond and a trellised sitting area. A side garden has a shed and a productive vegetable garden. There is a lower copse and a paddock with stable block with two loose boxes and tack room. A bridleway allows access to miles of gorgeous riding country.
There is granted planning permission for 'A two storey extension to the rear of the property of 4.4m x 6.5m. Equating to 28.6m2. The extension is to form a new kitchen and en-suite bathroom at first floor whilst enlarging bedroom 3'. Planning ref: DM/2021/01561
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
This is a Freehold property.