Once the nursery and nanny quarters for the former vicarage located next door the property, it's ideally positioned with easy access to all local amenities including schools, supermarkets, national shops and local boutiques as well as doctors and dentists. The popular market town of Chepstow is located on the banks of the tidal river Wye in Monmouthshire, South Wales and adjoining Gloucestershire in England and attracts locals and tourists alike with easy access to the M4 motorway. The castle situated on the clifftop above the river is considered to be the oldest surviving stone castle in Britain and overlooks the historic cast iron Wye Bridge built in 1816.
Once the nursery and nanny quarters for the former vicarage located next door to the property, it's ideally positioned with easy access to all local amenities including schools, supermarkets, national shops and local boutiques as well as doctors and dentists. The popular market town of Chepstow is located on the banks of the tidal river Wye in Monmouthshire, South Wales and adjoining Gloucestershire in England and attracts locals and tourists alike with easy access to the M4 motorway. The castle situated on the clifftop above the river is considered to be the oldest surviving stone castle in Britain and overlooks the historic cast iron Wye Bridge built in 1816.
Located at the lower end of Chepstow town in an enviable position with stunning views towards Chepstow Castle to be enjoyed at the rear, this vast Grade II Listed Georgian town house offers ideal accommodation for a growing family with options to facilitate multi-generational living if required.
The town hosts a number of popular community events including the annual Wassail, Mari Lwyd in January and 'Castel Roc' music festival. Chepstow is also home to the Welsh National which takes place annually at Chepstow Racecourse.ENTRANCE HALL
- A hardwood door leads to the entrance vestibule with replica Victorian style flooring and stone staircase up to the middle floor. Access off to:STUDY
- 2.66m x 1.89m - Radiator. Fitted carpet. Front facing window with shutter. Gas meter.GYM
- 4.00m x 2.33m - Originally a cold store with whitewashed stone wall and built-in store to one corner. Doorway to:INNER HALLWAY
- A 'T' shaped area with ½ glazed door to rear garden. Access off to:UTILITY
- 3.60m x 1.89m - Ceramic tiled floor. ½ glazed rear facing door and Georgian style window. Twin bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Plumbing for automatic washing machine and space for a tumble dryer. Radiator. Wall mounted Worcester gas combination boiler.BEDROOM FIVE / GARDEN ROOM
- 4.30m x 4.10m - Georgian style side facing French doors. Wood effect cushion flooring. Radiator. Rear facing Georgian style window. This room is currently utilised as a double bedroom although is suitable for a variety of uses.Stairs to FIRST FLOOR
- Accessed via the original stone steps with front facing Georgian window. Leading to:KITCHEN
- 6.06m x 3.87m - A luxury kitchen with wall and base units topped with Corrian work surfaces. Glass fronted display cabinets. 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Integrated double oven with warming drawer. Five burner gas hob with extractor over. Plumbing for dishwasher. Radiator. Decorative ceramic tiled flooring. Inset ceiling spot and down lights. Radiator. Rear facing Georgian design window and ½ glazed door. Recessed TV area with down lighters. Leading to:SITTING AREA
- Oak flooring. Front and rear Georgian sash windows. Limestone feature fireplace with slate hearth and inset clean burn, top of the range, log burner. Two replica antique fireplaces. Decorative coving. Leading to:
MASTER BEDROOM SUITEDRESSING ROOM
- 6.00m x 2.32m - ' L' shaped with fitted carpet. Original wrought iron fireplace and surround. Selection of built-in wardrobes. Front facing Georgian sash windows. Inset ceiling spotlights. Vertical wall radiator. Access to:BEDROOM
- 4.28m x 4.25m - Fitted carpet. Two radiators. Side facing Georgian sash window. Rear facing door to external stone steps leading down to the rear garden. Rear facing Georgian sash window with stunning views of Chepstow Castle.EN SUITE BATHROOM
- A luxury, fully fitted bathroom with ceramic tiling to walls and floor. Chrome towel radiator. Extractor fan. Inset ceiling spotlights. 'P' shaped bath with side screen. Mixer tap and mains mixer shower over. Wc, wash hand basin with vanity unit and wall mounted toiletry cupboard.Stairs to SECOND FLOOR and LANDING
- Staircase with fitted carpet and two front facing Georgian sash windows. 'L' shaped galleried landing with loft access point. Radiator and a further front facing Georgian sash window.BEDROOM TWO
- 4.78m x 4.56m - Beautifully appointed room with stripped pine floorboards. Original fireplace. Radiator. Rear facing Georgian sash window with views of the castle.EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM
- Victorian style flooring. Double shower cubicle with rain and mixer shower. Wash hand basin with plinth and vanity unit, wc, tiled splashbacks, extractor fan and ceiling spotlights.BEDROOM THREE
- 3.75m x 2.76m - Fitted carpet. Radiator. Front facing Georgian sash window.EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM
- Victorian style flooring. Corner shower cubicle with rain and mixer shower. Wash hand basin with vanity unit, wc, extractor fan and chrome towel radiatorBEDROOM FOUR
- 3.96m x 3.75m - Another large double bedroom with rear facing Georgian sash window with views of the castle. Fitted carpet. Radiator.FAMILY BATHROOM
- Rear facing Georgian sash window with views of the castle. 'P' shaped bath with electric shower over and mixer tap. Wash hand basin with vanity unit, wc, tiling to splashbacks, tile effect cushion flooring, wall mounted toiletry cupboard and chrome towel radiator.Outside
The rear of the property has an elevated seating area accessed from the kitchen overlooking the beautiful rear garden with Chepstow Castle in the background. Steps lead down to the rear garden which can also be access from Ground Floor Level. There is an outside cloakroom with wc, a second paved area and beyond is the mature and private lawned garden with surrounding borders packed with an abundance of mature shrubs and trees. A stone wall to the rear provides access via a gate to the dell just below the walls of the castle. At the front of the house is access to an integrated single garage.
Please make sure you have viewed all of the marketing material to avoid any unnecessary physical appointments. Pay particular attention to the floorplan, dimensions, video (if there is one) as well as the location marker.
In order to offer flexible appointment times, we have a team of dedicated Viewings Specialists who will show you around. Whilst they know as much as possible about each property, in-depth questions may be better directed towards the Sales Team in the office.
If you would rather a ‘virtual viewing’ where one of the team shows you the property via a live streaming service, please just let us know.
We offer free Market Appraisals or Sales Advice Meetings without obligation. Find out how our award winning service can help you achieve the best possible result in the sale of your property.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
This is a Freehold property.