CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) GUIDANCE FOR ARCHER & CO AND FINE & COUNTRY
Click here to view our COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy.
Click here to download our COVID Checklist.
Click here to watch our pre-viewing safety video.
Click here to view the official guidance for Wales.
Click here to view the official guidance for England tier 1,2 and 3.
Click here to view the official guidance for England tier 4.
THE PROPERTY MARKET IS OPEN
Estate agents have been advised that viewings, valuations and other activities associated with home moving can continue during the December/January lockdown. However, our offices must be closed with no office visitations permitted.
Some the team will be working from home, something that we are now very used to doing and we are reachable in the same usual ways.
Whilst the market is open for business, our Covid restrictions and Covid Policy still apply.
Market Appraisals / Sales Advice Meetings
We have the ability to offer Virtual Valuations. In conjunction with our in-depth property technology and some help from you, these are very effective and in many cases, just as good as the real thing. We recommend these for anyone who is keen for an appraisal, but is not considering selling imminently.
In-person appointments can go ahead at all properties under the following conditions:
- The seller must answer the questions on our Covid Checklist. A link to this is at the top of this page.
- The seller must vacate the property for when we tour the house. This can include waiting in the garden.
- Our agent will wear a mask at all times.
- Our agent will use hand sanitiser before and after the appointment. Gloves are not required.
- Sellers must be asked to keep all internal doors open to ensure that we do not need to touch anything.
- Any post-tour conversation will be conducted outside the property at a distance of 2 meters or over Zoom / FaceTime / phone call afterwards.
- No printed material can be left at the property without specific consent from the seller.
Viewers are able to legally cross the England/Wales border and the borders between tiers in order to view homes, but are asked to keep stops to a minimum if doing so.
Virtual Viewings can be offered and should be the default option for anyone who is not considering moving imminently.
Please bear in mind that some of our sellers may have chosen not to accept viewers at this time. We ask viewers to respect these wishes.
In-person viewings can take place under the following conditions:
- The viewer is in a 'proceedable' buying position, or if selling, have their house on the market.
- The viewer has viewed all of the marketing information including all photographs, floorplans, room measurements, location marker and the entire video walkthrough - if there is one. This must happen before the in-person viewing is arranged.
- The viewer must have answered the questions on our COVID Checklist. A link to this is at the top of this page. This can now be done over the phone.
- The seller must vacate the property for the viewing. This can include waiting in the garden.
- Only two people from the same household can view. Sorry, but we are unable to include children on viewings.
- Viewing appointments must be restricted to 30 minutes.
- Our agent will wear masks at all times.
- All viewers must wear their own mask. There will be no exceptions to this. Sorry, but we are unable to provide masks.
- Viewers (and our agent) must use hand sanitiser before and after the viewing. Gloves are not required.
- Sellers are asked to keep all internal doors open to ensure that the viewing is as touchless as possible.
- Any post-viewing conversation and follow-up questions should be had over the phone or email where possible.
- Printed brochures may not be provided – only emailed.
The doors to our offices will remain closed for now but will reopen when able to do so. Our home-based teams can be reached in the usual way.
Get in touch
A chat with us now may reassure you and help you make an informed decision for you and your family. Feel free to call us at any time.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation with keeping everybody safe as we do all we can to stop the spread of the virus.
Joe Parry and the team at Archer & Co